Welcome to the Efabless Open MPW Shuttle Program
The Efabless Open MPW Shuttle Program provides fabrication for fully open-source projects using the SkyWater Open Source PDK announced by Google and SkyWater.
The shuttle provides opportunities for designers to experiment and push the state-of-the-art without having to reconcile the risk associated with the cost of fabrication.
The shuttle program is open to anyone, provided that their project is fully open source and meets the other program requirements. The first shuttle run is planned for November of 2020 with more scheduled for 2021. Costs for fabrication, packaging, evaluation boards and shipping are covered by Google for this program.
Project Submission Requirements
The following project requirements must be met in order to qualify for inclusion on the shuttle program:
- The project must be targeted on the currently-supported SkyWater Open PDK for the 130nm process.
- The project must be posted on a git-compatible repo and be publicly accessible.
- The top-level of the project must include a LICENSE file for an approved open-source license agreement. Third-party source code must be identified and source code must contain proper headers.
- The repo must include project documentation and adhere to Google's inclusive language guidelines.
- The project must be fully open. The project must contain a GDSII layout, which must be reproducible from source contained in the project.
- Projects must use a common test harness and padframe based on the Caravel repo. The projects must be implemented within the user space of the layout and meet all requirements for the Caravel.
- Projects must successfully pass the Open MPW precheck tool, including LVS and DRC clean using the referenced versions of OpenLane flow.
- November 12, 2020: Project submission is open
- November 30, 2020: Project submission is closed
- February, 19, 2021: Tapeout complete
- July 5, 2021: Expected wafer run complete, packaging and assembly begins
- September 6, 2021: Parts and assembled boards shipped to project owners
OPEN MPW SHUTTLE REQUESTS
Login to interact with your Open MPW Requests
|Request||Info||Category||Owner / Company||Open Date||Status|
|PyFive||Info||Open MPW||Sylvain Munaut / PyFive||Nov 25, 2020||Open|
|Loester SoC||Info||Open MPW||Loester Franco Botelho / VLSI System Design||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|Jean Cyr||Info||Open MPW||Jean Cyr / Self||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|FPGA250||Info||Open MPW||Arya Reais-Parsi / University of California, Berkeley||Dec 01, 2020||Open|
|Azadi SoC||Info||Open MPW||Zeeshan Rafique||Apr 20, 2021||Open|
|multi project v2||Info||Open MPW||Matt Venn||Apr 28, 2021||Open|
|Philipp Gühring||Info||Open MPW||Philipp Gühring / LibreSilicon Association||Nov 22, 2020||Open|
|Jecel Mattos de Assumpção Jr, Merik Voswinkel||Info||Open MPW||Merik Voswinkel / Fiberhood||Nov 24, 2020||Open|
|vdp-lite||Info||Open MPW||Dan Rodrigues||Nov 25, 2020||Open|
|EF-Openfpga||Info||Open MPW||Manar Abdelatty / Efabless||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|BHawandeep SIngh||Info||Open MPW||Bhawandeep Singh||May 03, 2021||Open|
|DSP48 and DAC||Info||Open MPW||Bittu N||Nov 28, 2020||Open|
|Alvaro Jover-Alvarez, Cristina Peralta-Quesada, Leonidas Kosmidis and Iván Rodriguez-Ferrández||Info||Open MPW||Álvaro Jover Álvarez / UPC/BSC||Nov 26, 2020||Open|
|Bryce Readyhough, Md Munir Hasan, Michael Stetzler||Info||Open MPW||Michael Stetzler / UNC Charlotte||Nov 25, 2020||Open|
|SOFA HD||Info||Open MPW||Xifan Tang / UNIVERSITY OF UTAH||Nov 27, 2020||Open|
|q-rib||Info||Open MPW||Dimitri del Marmol / 0x01||Nov 29, 2020||Open|
|General Purpose OpAmp - Fundacion Fulgor||Info||Open MPW||Diego Hernando / Fundación Fulgor||Nov 28, 2020||Open|
|OpenTDC||Info||Open MPW||Tristan Gingold / Tristan Gingold||Nov 29, 2020||Open|
|Ibtida SoC||Info||Open MPW||Muhammad Hadir Khan / Micro-Electronics Research Laboratory||Nov 28, 2020||Open|
|Affan Abbasi||Info||Open MPW||Affan Abbasi||Nov 29, 2020||Open|
|Softshell||Info||Open MPW||Harrison Pham||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|hs32-latte||Info||Open MPW||Kevin Mack Baragona / HomebrewSiliconClub||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|OpenFPGA-AP3-1||Info||Open MPW||K.C. Yap / QuickLogic||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|M and J Aamold||Info||Open MPW||Matt Aamold||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|FWPayload||Info||Open MPW||Matthew Ballance||Nov 29, 2020||Open|
|Chameleon SoC||Info||Open MPW||M. Shalan / Efabless||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|Caravel Plus||Info||Open MPW||M. Shalan / Efabless||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|Ghazi SoC||Info||Open MPW||Zain Rizwan Khan / Micro Electronics Research Laboratory||Nov 28, 2020||Open|
|linsorter||Info||Open MPW||Vladimir Milovanović||Dec 01, 2020||Open|
|Spectravel||Info||Open MPW||Vladimir Milovanović / NOVELIC||Nov 25, 2020||Open|
|pifive||Info||Open MPW||Anish Singhani||Dec 01, 2020||Open|
|antmicro-aes||Info||Open MPW||Michael Gielda / Antmicro||Dec 04, 2020||Open|
|N5 SoC||Info||Open MPW||M. Shalan / The American University in Cairo||Nov 30, 2020||Open|
|Matt Venn||Info||Open MPW||Matt Venn||Nov 23, 2020||Open|
|SOFA-CHD||Info||Open MPW||Xifan Tang / University of Utah||Dec 15, 2020||Open|
|Astria||Info||Open MPW||Astria Nur Irfansyah / ITS Surabaya||Dec 01, 2020||Open|
|RISCV_OSU||Info||Open MPW||James Stine / Oklahoma State University VLSIARCH||Dec 16, 2020||Open|
|RAPcores||Info||Open MPW||Steve Kelly / RAPCores||Dec 19, 2020||Open|
|Anton Blanchard||Info||Open MPW||Anton Blanchard / IBM||Dec 31, 2020||Open|